Scrumptious Chocolate Cake
Family and friends like to gather in my kitchen for slices of this scrumptious cake.—Linda Dorion, Nanoose Bay, British Columbia
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 2 cups boiling water
- 3 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (16 ounces) or 2 cups chocolate frosting
- Place the butter, oats and cocoa in a large bowl; add boiling water and stir until butter is melted. Stir in brown sugar and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to oat mixture just until combined.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Frost with chocolate frosting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 472 calories, 18g fat (9g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 494mg sodium, 74g carbohydrate (55g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.