- 6 cups water
- 4 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 cinnamon stick (2 inches)
- 1 can (29 ounces) sliced peaches with syrup
- 2-1/2 cups assorted dried fruits, chopped
- 1 cup pitted dried plums
- 1 cup raisins
- Juice of 1 lemon
- In a large heavy saucepan, bring water, tapioca and cinnamon stick to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, stirring frequently, for 15 minutes or until tapioca begins to thicken. Add remaining ingredients and continue to cook over medium heat for 25 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 30 minutes. Remove cinnamon stick. Fruit will continue to plump. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forScrumptious Breakfast Fruit Soup
"The recipe is way to sweet for my families taste. I also thought it makes to large of a batch, we got tired of the soup. It is way to expensive to throw away."