Scrambled Eggs with Chorizo
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 ounces uncooked chorizo or bulk spicy pork sausage
- 1 tablespoon diced seeded jalapeno pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons picante sauce
- Cut tortillas into quarters; place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 3-5 minutes or until crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter. Crumble chorizo into the pan; add jalapeno and garlic. Cook and stir over medium heat until meat is fully cooked; drain. Stir in tomatoes and Cajun seasoning.
- In another skillet, heat remaining butter until hot. Add eggs; cook and stir over medium heat until completely set. Divide scrambled eggs between two plates. Serve with chorizo mixture, tortillas and picante sauce.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 586 calories, 39g fat (15g saturated fat), 493mg cholesterol, 1372mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein.
Dec 17, 2017
What a good dinner! There were only a few ingredients, which allowed each flavor to shine. I did not use the picante sauce; I just added an extra tomato and let the juices be the sauce. I used spicy Italian sausage, but next time I will try it with chorizo.This meal really likes cinnamon-sugared pita chips as an accompaniment!I was a charter subscriber of Cooking for 2. Although I can easily pare down almost any recipe to serve two people, I still miss that magazine!
Nov 6, 2016
A tasty, spicy breakfast! I sprinkle shredded cheese on top. I used a local chorizo, which wasn't overly fatty.
Aug 13, 2016
This was great with my biscuit and gravy recipe I found on TOH this morning. All the flavors went together perfectly! I did use spicy pork sausage, because that's what I had.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.