- 3 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 ounces uncooked chorizo or bulk spicy pork sausage
- 1 tablespoon diced seeded jalapeno pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons picante sauce
- Cut tortillas into quarters; place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 3-5 minutes or until crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter. Crumble chorizo into the pan; add jalapeno and garlic. Cook and stir over medium heat until meat is fully cooked; drain. Stir in tomatoes and Cajun seasoning.
- In another skillet, heat remaining butter until hot. Add eggs; cook and stir over medium heat until completely set. Divide scrambled eggs between two plates. Serve with chorizo mixture, tortillas and picante sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forScrambled Eggs with Chorizo
"What a good dinner! There were only a few ingredients, which allowed each flavor to shine. I did not use the picante sauce; I just added an extra tomato and let the juices be the sauce. I used spicy Italian sausage, but next time I will try it with chorizo.This meal really likes cinnamon-sugared pita chips as an accompaniment!I was a charter subscriber of Cooking for 2. Although I can easily pare down almost any recipe to serve two people, I still miss that magazine!"
"A tasty, spicy breakfast! I sprinkle shredded cheese on top. I used a local chorizo, which wasn't overly fatty."
"This was great with my biscuit and gravy recipe I found on TOH this morning. All the flavors went together perfectly! I did use spicy pork sausage, because that's what I had."