- 1 loaf (16 ounces) frozen garlic bread (pre-sliced in half lengthwise)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 10 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 to 8 mozzarella cheese slices
- Bake garlic bread according to package directions. Meanwhile, saute onion and green pepper in butter until crisp-tender. In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper; pour into the skillet. Cook over medium heat; as eggs begin to set, gently move spatula across the bottom and sides of pan. When eggs are completely set, remove from the heat and keep warm. Arrange cheese slices on bottom half of bread; spoon eggs over cheese. Replace bread top. Slice and serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forScrambled Egg Sandwich
"It tasted alright, but it was difficult to get the eggs to stay on top of the garlic bread and we practically had to dislocate our jaws to fit them in our mouths."
"oh my Lord Savior! Lil chicken belly snakcs all up in a bred! sometimes i jees ploopl lil butters on them, and it just drips all in ye chops! Mm, das finger likin lip smackin gooooooooood!!!!!!!!!!!"
"Accidentally made recipe as written for just the two of us. Delicious-- and a good mistake.! leftovers made quick, grab and go light meals and snacks. maybe jazz it up with a little meat or add some spice. Will definitely do again."
"I have been making a version of these for years. We love `em, and the leftover egg is great wrapped in a tortilla then microwaved for a quick snack!"