Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen whole wheat bread dough, thawed
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup bacon bits, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Divide each loaf into eight pieces. Roll into balls. Place in muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper; stir in 1/4 cup bacon bits. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add egg mixture to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, remove from the heat.
- Using a melon baller, scoop out the center of each roll, leaving a 1/4-in. shell (discard removed bread or save for another use). Spoon 3 tablespoons cooked egg mixture into each roll. Top with remaining bacon bits and sprinkle with cheese. Bake 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
2 each: 252 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 224mg cholesterol, 637mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 17g protein.