Scrambled Egg Cups for Two
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 slices bread, crusts removed
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Flatten bread with a rolling pin. Spread a scant teaspoon of butter over one side of each slice. Press bread buttered side down into four muffin cups. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, beat eggs, chives, salt and pepper. In a skillet, melt remaining butter over medium-low heat. Add egg mixture; cook and stir until eggs are completely set. Spoon into bread cups; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 234 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 747mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein.
Sep 3, 2012
I love making things like this, it's different. And there good. Thanks for the recipe.
Feb 23, 2012
We really liked this recipe. The next time I make them I am going to add a little crumbled bacon to them.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.