Scrambled Egg Cups for Two
"These wonderful little 'cupcakes' go well with any type of breakfast meat," promises Dorothy Swanson of St. Louis, Missouri. "I found the recipe in my newspaper's food section years ago, and it's been a favorite ever since. It's a delightfully different way to enjoy eggs."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 slices bread, crusts removed
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Flatten bread with a rolling pin. Spread a scant teaspoon of butter over one side of each slice. Press bread buttered side down into four muffin cups. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, beat eggs, chives, salt and pepper. In a skillet, melt remaining butter over medium-low heat. Add egg mixture; cook and stir until eggs are completely set. Spoon into bread cups; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 234 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 747mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein.
Originally published as Scrambled Egg Cups for Two in Cooking for 2 Spring 2005
Sep 3, 2012
I love making things like this, it's different. And there good. Thanks for the recipe.
Feb 23, 2012
We really liked this recipe. The next time I make them I am going to add a little crumbled bacon to them.