This attractive is brimming with eggs, ham and cheese, making it a real meal in one. By using refrigerated crescent rolls, it's a snap to prepare. —Julie Deal, China Grove, North Carolina
Recommended: 25 Ways to Eat Eggs All Day
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 4 ounces thinly sliced deli ham, julienned
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Unroll each tube of crescent dough (do not separate rectangles). Place side by side on a greased baking sheet with long sides touching; seal seams and perforations. Arrange ham lengthwise down center third of rectangle.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and milk. Separate one egg; set egg white aside. Add the egg yolk, remaining eggs, salt and pepper to cream cheese mixture; mix well. Add red pepper and onions.
- In a large skillet, melt butter; add egg mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat just until set. Remove from the heat. Spoon scrambled eggs over ham. Sprinkle with cheese.
- On each long side of dough, cut 1-in.-wide strips to the center to within 1/2 in. of filling. Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across the filling. Pinch ends to seal and tuck under. Beat reserved egg white; brush over dough. Bake at 375° for 25-28 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Scrambled Egg Brunch Bread in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p169
Reviews forScrambled Egg Brunch Bread
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 29, 2015
Reviewed Dec. 7, 2009
"This is VERY GOOD!! easy to assemble and pretty too!"