Scotch Shortbread Bars
It was at my bridal shower in 1960 that I first sampled these pretty bars. Now each time I make them, I'm reminded of that happy occasion.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Spread into an ungreased 11x7-in. baking pan. Prick several times with a fork. Bake at 350° for 20-22 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 115 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 106mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Scotch Shortbread Bars in Best of Country Cookies
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.