Schreiner’s Baked Lamb Shanks
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 3 hours
- 4 lamb shanks (14 to 16 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- Mint jelly, optional
- Place the lamb shanks in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and reduce heat to 350°. Add broth to the pan. Combine onion, rosemary, garlic powder and mustard; sprinkle over lamb. Cover tightly and bake for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until very tender. If desired, make gravy from pan drippings. Serve lamb with gravy and mint jelly if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 115 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 1140mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
Sep 19, 2011
I have made this one for years and everyone loves it. Have tried several more complicated recipes and they are no better, some times worse
Jan 12, 2009
I'm looking for a lamb shank recipe where lamb is baked in a paper bag. Does anyone have such a recipe?Ruth[email protected]
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.