Scarborough Fair Stuffing
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 10 cups torn assorted breads, such as French, whole wheat, rye, pumpernickel, and plain bagels
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup minced fresh sage
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the breads, herbs, salt and pepper. Combine the eggs, broth and butter; add to bread mixture and stir until moistened.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 229 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 622mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 27, 2014
This has become a traditional family favorite for Thanksgiving. It's the number one requested dish that MUST be on our table, or else! I stock up on a variety of discount bread a few weeks before Thanksgiving. Adding cornbread is a fun touch, and I also love pumpernickel, bagels, rye, and challah breads.
Dec 28, 2012
Loved this recipe. I used Pepperidge Farm bread crumbs as I had not saved bread as noted in the recipe but will for the next thanksgiving meal. Very Rustic!
Oct 3, 2012
This was fantastic! Don't go easy on the herbs.
Nov 9, 2011
This is delicious! My family made promise to make this a tradition for every holiday!