VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rye flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup water
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball (dough will be dry).
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times. Divide dough into 10 pieces. Roll each piece into a 6-in. circle. Place on greased baking sheets. Prick entire surface of each circle with a fork.
- Bake at 325° for 12-15 minutes or until firm. Turn; bake 6-7 minutes longer or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 10 crisps.
Originally published as Scandinavian Rye Crisps in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2007, p35