Scandinavian Pecan Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter (no substitutes), softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1. In a mixing bowl, cream butter, brown sugar and egg yolk. Gradually add flour.
- 2. Shape into 1-in. balls. In a small bowl, beat egg white. Dip balls in egg white, then roll in pecans. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly. Bake at 375° for 8-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 4-5 dozen.
2 each: 121 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 66mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Scandinavian Pecan Cookies
"Someone brought these to school. They were so good! Best of all only 5 ingredients. Definitely delicious!"