Scandinavian Pecan Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter (no substitutes), softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1. In a mixing bowl, cream butter, brown sugar and egg yolk. Gradually add flour.
- 2. Shape into 1-in. balls. In a small bowl, beat egg white. Dip balls in egg white, then roll in pecans. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly. Bake at 375° for 8-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 4-5 dozen.
2 each: 121 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 66mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Scandinavian Pecan Cookies
"Someone brought these to school. They were so good! Best of all only 5 ingredients. Definitely delicious!"
"my bf's 3rd favorite cookie only after choc chip and peanut butter.. so easy it wasnt even right. the only thing i wasnt sure about was how to tell if it turns brown or not.. i didnt chop the pecans to dust, i left them a little on the larger side.. may have used more than a half cup, but they were so MOIST and fabulous! wont wait for the holidays to do this one again.. it's in my permanent use rotation. these are absolutely worth trying if you love pecans. took no time at all either! made a triple batch, and that wasnt enough.. next time.. i'll make two triple batches and that may last a whole week!"