- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk. Gradually add flour until blended.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. In a small bowl, beat egg white. Dip balls in egg white, then roll in pecans. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly. Bake at 375° for 8-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove from pans to
- cool on wire racks. Yield: 5 dozen.
Reviews forScandinavian Pecan Cookies
"Someone brought these to school. They were so good! Best of all only 5 ingredients. Definitely delicious!"
"my bf's 3rd favorite cookie only after choc chip and peanut butter.. so easy it wasnt even right. the only thing i wasnt sure about was how to tell if it turns brown or not.. i didnt chop the pecans to dust, i left them a little on the larger side.. may have used more than a half cup, but they were so MOIST and fabulous! wont wait for the holidays to do this one again.. it's in my permanent use rotation. these are absolutely worth trying if you love pecans. took no time at all either! made a triple batch, and that wasnt enough.. next time.. i'll make two triple batches and that may last a whole week!"