- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, chopped
- 12 sea scallops (about 1-1/2 pounds), side muscles removed
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 8 cups fresh baby spinach (about 8 ounces)
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings, reserving 2 tablespoons. Wipe skillet clean if necessary.
- Pat scallops dry with paper towels. In same skillet, heat 1 tablespoon drippings over medium-high heat. Add scallops; cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and firm. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Heat remaining drippings in same pan over medium-high heat. Add shallots; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add wine; bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Add spinach; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until wilted. Stir in bacon. Serve with scallops. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forScallops with Wilted Spinach
"I love this and usually serve it over a bed of fresh linguini. Because of the high heat involved, I suggest that you add a small amount of the bacon fat to a neutral oil such as grapeseed oil. It raises the smoke point without sacrificing the flavor of the bacon."
"These were really yummy. I used white wine and added some from fresh chopped garlic in with the shallots. I drizzled a balsamic reduction over the finished product. I will make again."
"we enjoyed it very much. I didn't have but 6 oz. pack of spinach and it would have been better with the 8 oz. at least. I also used a medium sweet onion instead of the shallots and the chicken broth. It might have been better with white wine but it was still great."