Scallops with Spinach Noodles
Audrey Thibodeau of Gilbert, Arizona writes, "This delightful dish lets the delicate taste of the scallops come through."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound bay scallops
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 8 ounces spinach noodles
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Place scallops and milk in a bowl; set aside.
- In a saucepan, simmer tomatoes for 3 minutes. Remove tomatoes with a slotted spoon and set aside. Bring tomato liquid to a boil; cook, uncovered, until liquid is reduced by half. Add bay leaf, salt, pepper and tomatoes; set aside. Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, drain scallops; pat with paper towels until dry. Lightly coat scallops in flour.
- In a large skillet, cook scallops and garlic in butter until scallops are opaque, about 4 minutes. Discard bay leaf; add to scallops. Drain noodles; toss with scallops. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 397 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 366mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 25g protein.
Originally published as Scallops with Spinach Noodles in Taste of Home December/January 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.