The vibrant, crisp pea pods in this dish are a nice contrast with the soft scallops. It looks and tastes bright and fresh. —Barb Carlucci, Orange Park, Florida
Recommended: 32 Super-Refreshing Dinners to Make This Winter
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2/3 cup water
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 pound bay scallops
- 1/2 pound fresh snow peas, halved diagonally
- 2 medium leeks (white portion only), cut into 3x1/2-inch strips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 3 cups hot cooked brown rice
- Mix cornstarch, soy sauce and water. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry scallops until firm and opaque, 1-2 minutes. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry snow peas, leeks and ginger until peas are just crisp-tender, 4-6 minutes. Stir cornstarch mixture; add to pan. Cook and stir until sauce is thickened, about 1 minute. Add scallops; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Scallops with Snow Peas in Simple & Delicious April/May 2018