Scallops with Red Pepper Sauce
When scallop season is open here in Nova Scotia, I use scallops fresh from the ocean. This dish is quick and easy yet tastes delicious.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1/4 pound fresh or frozen sea scallops, sliced into thin rounds
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the scallops, sweet red pepper, garlic, pepper flakes and salt in oil until scallops become firm and opaque. Remove from the heat. Drain pasta. Serve scallop mixture with linguine. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 348 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 335mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 lean meat.
Originally published as Scallops with Red Pepper Sauce in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook
Mar 29, 2013
Was very good but next time I would add a homemade Parmesan sauce over everything instead of just grated Parmesan cheese, I also used roasted red peppers instead of the ones called for and added some onion!