Scallops with Chipotle-Orange Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3/4 pound sea scallops
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- Hot cooked linguine, optional
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- Sprinkle scallops with paprika and 1/8 teaspoon salt. In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, melt butter over medium heat. Add scallops; cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until firm and opaque.
- Add orange juice and remaining salt to the pan; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in chipotle pepper.
- Serve over linguine if desired. Garnish with green onion.
Nutrition Facts1 serving (calculated without linguine): 200 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 608mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat.
Dec 7, 2017
We liked it, but thought it was a little lacking in flavor.
Jan 5, 2011
Jun 23, 2008
I am allergic to scallops, so I made this recipe with chicken instead and thickened the sauce into a gravy with 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch in water. It was outstanding!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.