Kindle cozy conversation with these tender scallops in a spicy sauce from Jan Justice in Catlettsburg, Kentucky. It’s a surefire recipe for warming up a twosome in no time!
Recommended: Top 10 Pork Chop Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 pound sea scallops
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- Hot cooked linguine, optional
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- Sprinkle scallops with paprika and 1/8 teaspoon salt. In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, melt butter over medium heat. Add scallops; cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until firm and opaque.
- Add orange juice and remaining salt to the pan; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in chipotle pepper.
- Serve over linguine if desired. Garnish with green onion. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Scallops with Chipotle-Orange Sauce in Cooking for 2 Winter 2007, p50
Reviews forScallops with Chipotle-Orange Sauce
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 5, 2011
Reviewed Jun. 23, 2008
"I am allergic to scallops, so I made this recipe with chicken instead and thickened the sauce into a gravy with 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch in water. It was outstanding!"