Scallops Pesto with Vermicelli
- 4 ounces uncooked vermicelli
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound bay scallops
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 1. Cook vermicelli according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter. Stir in the garlic powder, oregano and pepper. Add scallops and wine; cook and stir over medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until scallops are firm and opaque.
- 2. Reduce heat to low. Stir in pesto; heat through. Drain vermicelli; toss with scallop mixture.
1-1/4 cups: 536 calories, 24g fat (10g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 481mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein.
Jan 5, 2020Excellent! And so easy!
Jul 12, 2012
Jun 14, 2012
It was great and easy. I added shrimp to the mixture as well. Add salt to it!
Nov 11, 2011
This was a quick meal that was delicious. Next time though, I will add as much pesto. That is a personal choice however. It was easy, except for the number of pans used. Wonder what other things could be added? Yum
Jan 8, 2011
This dish was absolutely delicious! I couldn't find any vermicelli at the grocery store, so I had to use linguine. It worked really well. My husband loved this dish too. I will definitely be making this again soon.