Scallops in Sage Cream Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds sea scallops
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 fresh sage leaves, thinly sliced
- Hot cooked pasta, optional
- 1. Sprinkle scallops with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook scallops in 2 tablespoons oil for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes on each side or until firm and opaque. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute shallots in remaining oil until tender. Add cream; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 30 seconds or until slightly thickened.
- 3. Return scallops to the pan; heat through. Stir in sage. Serve with pasta if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 408 calories, 28g fat (12g saturated fat), 117mg cholesterol, 441mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 30g protein.
Reviews for Scallops in Sage Cream
"We also used bay scallops out of preference. I doubled the sauce and used half cream and half Greek yogurt. I served this goodness over spaghetti squash. Will definitely make this again!"
"This was delicious! Normally, I am not a big fan of scallops, but these were great. I actually used bay instead of sea scallops, because they were MUCH cheaper, and if you just cook them a little less, the recipe still works. The light sauce accents the scallops perfectly!"
"I have made this several times. The whole family loves it! I love the ease of making this, fabulous dinner!"
"Good, didn't have any fresh sage, so used dried. Needed a little extra salt and pepper, but was good. Also used a tiny bit of butter in the sauce to make it a bit creamier."
"This was fantastic!!! I substituted onions for shallots & added garlic."
"Great. Definetly making this again"
"I will try once more. However the sage s way too strong."
"I did not like this recipe at all. The sage over powered the oily cream sauce. If you like any kind of spice to your food, don't make this. It just didn't have any flavor to me. $30 in scallops down the drain..."
"Just wonderful. Even my teenagers love it!"
"I have already made this recipe 4 times since it came out in late 2009. It is a hit with everyone."