- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound bay scallops
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add rice and turmeric; stir to coat. Stir in broth and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forScallops & Shrimp with Yellow Rice
"This has become one of our "go to" meals. I also found I needed to spice it up to suit our taste. Curry was a great addition!"
"This is great for me, have made it several timesI made it once(Cheated and used Zaterans)it was just as good"
"Added seafood seasoning and cayenne pepper...tasted great!"
"very bland, scallops have no taste, needs more spices."
"We thoroughly enjoyed this recipe but thought it need more seasoning. We will definitely try it again with more salt and pepper."