Scalloped Pork Chops Recipe
- 4 pork chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes (about 1/2 pound)
- 6 cups shredded cabbage (about 1 pound)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a skillet over medium heat, brown pork chops in oil; set aside. Reserve 1 teaspoon drippings, saute onion in drippings until tender. Blend in soup and milk; set aside. In a greased 2-1/2-qt. casserole, layer half of the potatoes, cabbage, salt and pepper. Pour 3/4 cup soup mixture on top. Repeat layers of potatoes, cabbage, salt and pepper. Top with pork chops. Pour remaining soup mixture over chops. Cover and bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until pork and vegetables are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 321 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 740mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 15g protein.
Reviews for Scalloped Pork Chops
"A very tasty economical one dish meal. I have made this several times for guest and it was always very well liked. I add some shredded cheese over the top of mine and return it to the oven just long enough to melt the cheese for extra yumminess!"
"Very tasty. My husband loved it."