Scalloped Pork Chop Combo
Sherry Schoneman knows how to dress up a box of scalloped potatoes. The Cedar Falls, Iowa cook creates a meal-in-one by adding vegetables to the potatoes before topping them with moist chops.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + standing
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops ( 1/2 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen French-style green beans
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 package (4.9 ounces) scalloped potatoes
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil; sprinkle with salt. In a large saucepan, bring the water to a boil; add beans, carrots, potatoes with contents of sauce packet, soup, milk, butter and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; top with pork chops.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 5 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160&;. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 439 calories, 21g fat (8g saturated fat), 103mg cholesterol, 1263mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 35g protein.
Originally published as Scalloped Pork Chop Combo in Quick Cooking January/February 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.