- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 cups firmly packed cubed white bread (crusts removed)
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the pineapple and lemon juice. Gently fold in bread cubes. Spoon into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 to 45 minutes or until top is lightly golden. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forScalloped Pineapple Casserole
"I've read this recipe too many times & I still can't find out how many potatoes to use. Help! I'm wanting to try this ASAP."
"Have a question...do you use fresh bread or is it better to use stale like for dressing? Rating it high because I want to try it and it be awesome!"
"I've been making this for more than 20 years and my mother has been making it for more than 40! It's okay with white bread, but is much better when made with egg bread or challah. I like it served with ham but it is also really good served piping hot with a scoop of really good French Vanilla ice cream!"
"Much better than I was expecting. I'd make it again."
"Great recipe, I make it every Thanksgiving and holiday pot lucks"
"This is a delicious side to a ham dinner. By accident, I purchased pineapple chunks instead of crushed pineapple. My family loves it and I have made it this way ever since."
"I cut the sugar to 1 cup and it was still very sweet. I'm making it tomorrow and will cut it further to about 3/4 cup. I also added some shredded cheddar cheese to the mixture and put a little on top during the the last 15 min. of baking. Even though a little too sweet, it was delicious. My family says that it could be a dessert."
"A-MAZING! Made this for Easter, followed recipe exactly, so delicious, will definitely make again!!!!"