Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 6 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs, beaten
- 1 quart half-and-half cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cans (8 ounces each) whole oysters, drained
- 2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 50 crackers)
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cream and pepper. Stir in oysters and crackers. Pour into 12 greased 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups; place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 273 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 187mg cholesterol, 284mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 12g protein.
Jan 30, 2014
Made this for my husband and it was OK but not one I would make again. Did not bring out the good oyster taste to me. My husband loves almost anything and he did not care for this either.
Dec 16, 2011
This was not good, I like my old recipe with crackers...no eggs
Apr 2, 2011
In order to make it a little healthier, to half of the recipe I subbed egg beaters for the eggs, used fat free 1/2 & 1/2, added a cup of peas, cut the salt in 1/2 and added a 1/2 tsp. of Old Bay. What a delicious meal! Will do again.
Dec 31, 2010
In a 1 1/2 qt casserole, half of the recipe worked wonderfully. That was enough for 4-6 people.
Feb 23, 2010
This recipe reminded me of something I had as a kid on my first trip to southern US. I've been looking for this since then. I would add a little salt and more pepper as my husband and myself love pepper. Great recipe.
Oct 1, 2009
We have had this in our family for years too. Pennsylvania, Ohio, and I am in Texas now. I was told that when my great grandmother was alive they would ship the oysters in crates. I would love to know where it originated from...I know that it is either Scotland or England...Tawna Brown Texas
Sep 30, 2009
It is a family tradition that, for Christmas eve, no meat is fed. Instead, we make up 13 dishes of variety. As fish can be included, this recipe sounds like a winner to me. Thank You Marty. Can't wait to try it.GranMarion
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.