- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Coarse sugar or edible glitter
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, chocolate and vanilla. Combine the flour, coffee granules, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Shape dough into a disk; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/4-in. scalloped cookie cutter. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with coarse sugar or edible glitter.
- Bake 8-9 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 5 dozen.
Reviews forScalloped Mocha Cookies
"What a good mocha flavour these cookies have... and slightly crispy but not crunchy! I usually stick to drop cookies and am not too brave trying different flavours but these were so good I've changed my mind :) The dough was easy to roll out too, after chilling."