Scalloped Corn with Vegetables
You'll hear an earful from guests when you offer this creamy corn dish at Thanksgiving dinner —or any other occasion. "My mother made this recipe all the time when I was young," recollects Kathy Smith of Remsen, New York. "Now, it's a favorite at my house—especially during the holidays."
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines (about 14 crackers)
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Spoon into four greased 8-oz. baking dishes. Sprinkle with cheese and paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until set.
Editor's Note: A 1-qt. baking dish may be used in place of the individual baking dishes.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 322 calories, 20g fat (12g saturated fat), 157mg cholesterol, 942mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Scalloped Corn in Crafting Traditions November/December 1997
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.