- 4 pounds potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes and soup. Layer half of the mixture in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Dot with half of the butter and sprinkle with half of the cheese. Repeat layers. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forScalloped Cheese Potatoes
"This dish is great! It was simple and very tasty! The only thing I would not add next time is the butter dotted on the cheese layers. The cheese is greasy enough. I also would try to add onions and/or green peppers."
"Delicious and easy"
"This has become a standby recipe for our family. Always good and super easy."
"This is delicious! I also added a little sliced onion (very thinly sliced), freshly ground pepper and chopped ham. Very, very good!"