When preparing my first Thanksgiving dinner years ago, I wanted to add something special to the table and came up with this recipe. It's been a part of our traditional dinner ever since. —Kellie Erwin, Westerville, Ohio
Featured In: 28 Apple Recipes to Make in a 13x9 Pan
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 10 cups thinly sliced peeled Golden Delicious apples (about 8)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs (about 4 slices)
- In a large bowl, combine the apples, sugar, cinnamon and cloves. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Dot with 2 tablespoons butter. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 25 minutes or until apples are crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, melt remaining butter. Add bread crumbs; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until crispy and golden brown. Sprinkle over apple mixture.
- Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until apples are tender. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Scalloped Apples in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p115
Reviews forScalloped Apples Casserole
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 4, 2011