The nice thing about this creamy casserole is that the potatoes, eggs and ham can all be prepared ahead of time. Assembly is easy, and you can even use leftovers.—Nancy Snyder, Albuquerque, New Mexico
Recommended: 22 Leftover Ham Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 7-1/2 cups thinly sliced cooked peeled potatoes (about 6 medium)
- 3 hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- In a bowl, combine the sour cream, whipping cream, chives and salt; mix well. In a greased 2-qt. baking dish, layer 2-1/2 cups potatoes, eggs and 3/4 cup sour cream mixture. Top with 2-1/2 cups of potatoes, ham and remaining potatoes. Pour the remaining cream mixture over top.
- Combine bread crumbs, butter and onion salt; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Scalloped Potatoes and Ham in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p98