“I’m always on the lookout for recipes that are lower in fat and heart-healthy, too. These kabobs fill the bill. I like to serve them with a fruit salad and a light dessert.” Edie DeSpain - Logan, UT
Recommended: 30 Seafood Recipes for Christmas Gatherings
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Dash garlic powder
- Dash pepper
- 3/4 pound sea scallops
- 2 small green peppers, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Pour 2 tablespoons into a large resealable plastic bag; add scallops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 20 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring 3 cups water to a boil. Add peppers; cover and boil for 2 minutes. Drain and immediately place peppers in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- Drain and discard marinade. On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the tomatoes, scallops and peppers.
- On a greased grill rack, grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat, or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until scallops are firm and opaque, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Scallop Kabobs for 2 in Healthy Cooking