I learned to cook by watching and helping when I could. She still teaches me by sharing tried-and-true recipes like this.—Holly Massie, Pearce, Arizona
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cup beef broth
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 egg, beaten
- In a skillet, cook beef, tomato, onions and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in salt, red pepper flakes and thyme. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and broth until smooth. Add to meat mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. On a floured surface, roll pastry into two 12-in. squares. Cut each into four squares. Spoon about 1/4 cup meat mixture in the center of each square. Moisten edges of pastry with egg; fold over filling, forming a triangle. Press edges with a fork to seal. Place on ungreased baking sheets; prick tops with a fork. Bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 350 calories, 20g fat (9g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 464mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as Savory Triangles in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.