Savory Tomato Tarts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic, well drained
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Minced chives, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In another bowl, combine Italian cheese and mayonnaise. Spoon tomato mixture into tart shells. Spread mayonnaise mixture over tops.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350° for 8-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Garnish with chives if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 71 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 163mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
May 30, 2010
So easy and still so good. I didn't even use the bacon or the parmesan and they still turned out delicious.
May 23, 2010
I made these for my dad's 60th birthday party and everyone really liked them. I made the cheese and tomato mixture up a few hours prior and then put them together just before placing into oven as I was afraid to make them up ahead of time as they might get soggy. They did not last long!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.