Savory Tomato Tarts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic, well drained
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Minced chives, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In another bowl, combine Italian cheese and mayonnaise. Spoon tomato mixture into tart shells. Spread mayonnaise mixture over tops.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350° for 8-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Garnish with chives if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 71 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 163mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 30, 2010
So easy and still so good. I didn't even use the bacon or the parmesan and they still turned out delicious.
May 23, 2010
I made these for my dad's 60th birthday party and everyone really liked them. I made the cheese and tomato mixture up a few hours prior and then put them together just before placing into oven as I was afraid to make them up ahead of time as they might get soggy. They did not last long!