Savory Swiss Cheesecake
Big on Swiss cheese flavor, this creamy appetizer is irresistible at a festive buffet table! I serve this savory cheesecake before a holiday meal several years ago, and it was the hit of the evening. —Marjorie Turner, Poquoson, Virginia
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + chilling
- 1 cup finely crushed thin wheat crackers
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 12 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 cups reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk, room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- Assorted crackers
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan; set aside. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the yogurt, egg, egg yolk, basil and rosemary; beat on low speed just until blended. Stir in Swiss cheese.
- Pour into prepared crust. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Cut into wedges; serve with crackers. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 169 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 170mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Savory Swiss Cheesecake in Light & Tasty December/January 2002