Savory Stuffed Pork Chops
- 8 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 5 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 package (6 ounces) sage stuffing mix
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1. Using a sharp knife, cut a pocket in each pork chop. In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add spinach; cook until wilted. Stir in the stuffing mix, sour cream and sage.
- 2. Fill each chop with about 1/3 cup stuffing mixture; secure with toothpicks if necessary. Place on a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with lemon pepper.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Discard toothpicks.
1 each: 320 calories, 21g fat (13g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 535mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein.
Apr 20, 2019This is very tasty. The stuffing is addicting! I had so much left over so I decided to put the rest in a baking dish and bake it. Delicious! The stuffing would make an excellent dip as well..
Jun 13, 2018
Yumm yumm yummy..i dont know if the spinach sage lemon pepper or sour cream that makes this a ?? palette pleaser. First time I tried something so far off in four directions but Im glad I did
Mar 10, 2018
I don’t normally rate / review recipes ... However These Savory Stuffed Pork Chops Are Absolutely Delicious & Easy to make... Just how I like it! :-)
Mar 20, 2016
With a little wine vinegar the stuffing is a good dip with crackers all by itself!!!!
Jan 16, 2013
Its a great stuffing for your porkchops when your tired of same old stuffing i added some cooked bavon and chopped pecans. My kiddo can not tolerate butter so i used.olive oil and light sourcream. It was great even my husband who is stuck on my mom has best stuffing i dont like box stuffing enjoyed deff a keeper
Jan 13, 2013
It's hard to find thick pork chops at 8 oz each so I use 4 bigger pork chops. We don't care for sage so we use Stovetop Pork Stuffing mix. I stuff the pork chops really full and still have some leftovers to put in a casserole dish! My husband doesn't even like spinach but doesn't want his pork chops prepared any other way!
Jul 15, 2012
Very easy to make and so yummy that I didn't need ketchup on my pork chops like I do with other recipes. :x
Jul 29, 2011
The stuffing was too squishy I thought, it was just ok, not something I'll make again.
May 1, 2011
Awsome!!! I made 4 large chops and froze the remaining stuffing for another time. Hopefully it will be just as good!! My guests were impressed. Didn't change a thing.
Dec 30, 2010
This turned out excellent! I made it for my family for Christmas dinner...something different. The whole family loved it!