Savory Stuffed Peppers Recipe
The filling for these stuffed peppers is loaded with meat, mushrooms and herbs. I like to serve them with cooked pasta or rice.—Catherine Faubert, Embrun, Ontario
- 6 medium green peppers
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1/2 pound ground pork, cooked and drained
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon each dried basil, oregano, thyme, Italian seasoning and parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup tomato sauce
- 1. Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds. In a large kettle, cook peppers in boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; invert on paper towels.
- 2. In a bowl, combine meat, oats, onion, mushrooms, egg, salsa and seasonings. Spoon into peppers. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spoon tomato sauce over peppers. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 317 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 236mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Savory Stuffed Peppers
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC