Savory Stuffed Peppers
The filling for these stuffed peppers is loaded with meat, mushrooms and herbs. I like to serve them with cooked pasta or rice.—Catherine Faubert, Embrun, Ontario
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 6 medium green peppers
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1/2 pound ground pork, cooked and drained
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon each dried basil, oregano, thyme, Italian seasoning and parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup tomato sauce
- Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds. In a large kettle, cook peppers in boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; invert on paper towels.
- In a bowl, combine meat, oats, onion, mushrooms, egg, salsa and seasonings. Spoon into peppers. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spoon tomato sauce over peppers. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 317 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 236mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 26g protein.
Originally published as Savory Stuffed Peppers in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.