Savory Stuffed Mushrooms
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 large fresh mushrooms
- 4-1/2 teaspoons finely chopped green pepper
- 4-1/2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup cubed day-old bread
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Remove stems from mushrooms and finely chop; set caps aside. In a skillet, saute the stems, green pepper and onion in butter until tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in the bread cubes, salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Stuff into mushroom caps. Place in a baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes or until stuffing is lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 36 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 94mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Mar 31, 2016
These were very good! And EXTREMELY easy! I really liked the pepper as I had never had stuffed mushrooms with peppers. We simply adapted the quantities to make this feed 4 adults. Huge hit!
Jul 26, 2013
These were absolutely delicious. I didn't have a green pepper on hand so substituted a bit of red and orange pepper in its place. Super good.
Feb 18, 2010
my boyfriend and family loved this. We all recomend this to everyone
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.