Savory Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3/4 cup chopped tart apple
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- In a small saucepan, saute the apple, ham, mushrooms and onion in 1 tablespoon oil until onion and apple are tender. Stir in mustard, bread crumbs and lemon-pepper. Flatten chicken breasts to 1/4-in. thickness; top each with the apple mixture. Roll up and secure with toothpicks. Coat with flour.
- In a skillet, brown chicken in remaining oil. Place in an 8-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-30 minutes or until juices run clear. Discard toothpicks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 519 calories, 24g fat (3g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 1122mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 45g protein.
Oct 7, 2010
Very good recipe. I left out the mushrooms because I don't like them. Would definitely make again. It's nice to make a small recipe so that you're not stuck with leftovers all week.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.