"The moist chicken with its savory filling makes a special entree for two, yet it's not tricky to prepare," notes Katherine Suter of Prescott, Arizona.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup chopped tart apple
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- In a small saucepan, saute the apple, ham, mushrooms and onion in 1 tablespoon oil until onion and apple are tender. Stir in mustard, bread crumbs and lemon-pepper. Flatten chicken breasts to 1/4-in. thickness; top each with the apple mixture. Roll up and secure with toothpicks. Coat with flour.
- In a skillet, brown chicken in remaining oil. Place in an 8-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-30 minutes or until juices run clear. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Stuffed Chicken Breasts in Taste of Home October/November 2001, p10
Reviews forSavory Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 7, 2010
"Very good recipe. I left out the mushrooms because I don't like them. Would definitely make again. It's nice to make a small recipe so that you're not stuck with leftovers all week."