Savory Spinach Chicken
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Bake: 20 min.
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half (5 ounces)
- 4 tablespoons Italian salad dressing, divided
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- Dash salt
- 1 slice provolone cheese (3/4 ounce)
- Place 3 tablespoons salad dressing in a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. In a small skillet, brown chicken on each side. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute the spinach, remaining salad dressing and salt until spinach is wilted; drain.
- Place chicken in a shallow baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with spinach and cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 250 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 761mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 36g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 26, 2018
Followed the recipe, exact as written. The chicken turned our very moist and flavorable!
Jul 20, 2018
I had a part of a bag of fresh spinach and found this recipe. It was delicious! I didn't have provolone cheese so I used colby jack, otherwise made as directed. I am not a big fan of cooked spinach but this was so tasty, I will make this again!
Jul 15, 2014
I've made this several times. I used the frozen spinach thawed and added sun dried tomatoes to the spinach and sauté as usual. Great every time!
Sep 1, 2012
Easy to make and good enough for company.
Aug 26, 2012
This was excellent, my son and his wife even liked it...He is a picky eater!...
Aug 15, 2012
'Cooking for one' is a pain, and few recipies take this into account (service 4, etc.). This ones simple and very tastie.
Aug 15, 2012
This is a quick and easy last minute meal. I saute onions, mushrooms together then add the spinach. I use swiss cheese over the chicken breast and place the spinach mixture over that. Very Good!!!!!!
Aug 15, 2012
Also try with boneless center cut pork(the other with meat) the chicken is great
Jan 26, 2010
I have made this recipe over and over again we love it. We use pepper jack cheese instead and while the chicken is on the stove cooking, we cut 1- serrano pepper and remove it when it goes to the oven. Wonderful!!
Nov 27, 2009
This is so easy to make and very very good.I served with rice on the side.