- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried basil and dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, place spinach in a steamer basket over 1 in. of boiling water. Cover and steam for 2-3 minutes or just until wilted. When cool enough to handle, squeeze spinach dry and finely chop.
- In a nonstick skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add spinach; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the egg, cheese, bread crumbs, 1/4 teaspoon rosemary and salt until well blended.
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Combine the basil, thyme, pepper and remaining rosemary; rub over one side of chicken. Spread spinach mixture over plain side; roll up. Secure with toothpicks.
- In a large saucepan, place roll-ups in a steamer basket over 1 in. of boiling water. Cover and steam for 12-15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
1 each: 235 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 127mg cholesterol, 456mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
- Dec 29, 2012
No comment left
- Jul 13, 2011
- Jan 1, 2011
Delicious and very filling!
- Apr 11, 2009
Yummy! Used Oregano instead of Rosemary because I didn't have r/m on hand. Try r/m next time.
- Sep 3, 2006
No comment left