Savory Sesame Green Beans
Vibrant and flavorful, this side will be a welcome accompaniment to any menu. With delightful Asian-inspired flair, it’s wonderful with light dishes like marinated and grilled salmon. Noelle Myers — Grand Forks, North Dakota
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place beans and red pepper in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Combine the remaining ingredients. Drizzle over vegetables; stir to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until beans are tender, stirring once.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 55 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 205mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Jun 9, 2012
This recipe is a hit!! Brought it to a picnic and several people asked me for the recipe. My husband loves it too.
Jul 20, 2010
Was an easy recipe to make and so good!! We loved it!