Savory Seasoned Chicken
My mother-in-law shared this treasured recipe with me. It's long been a family favorite and is always welcome whenever I offer it to family and friends.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons meat tenderizer, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon each curry powder, garlic powder, onion powder, ground mustard and ground sage
- 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a shallow bowl or large resealable plastic bag, combine dry ingredients. In another bowl, beat egg and milk. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then dredge or shake in flour mixture.
- In a deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry chicken, several pieces at a time, for 5 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes or until juices run clear.
Originally published as Savory Seasoned Chicken in Country Chicken Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.