Savory Sausage Scones
Some say these are like breakfast casserole in a scone. Everyone loves the different combination of lemon and dill and they go great with scrambled eggs. —Mary Marlowe Leverette, Columbia, South Carolina
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Whisk milk and egg; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened. Stir in sausage.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times. Transfer to a greased baking sheet. Pat into a 9-in. circle. Cut into eight wedges, but do not separate. Bake at 350° for 28-32 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.