- 1/2 pound fully cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium onion, cut into small wedges
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (1.2 ounces) herb and garlic soup mix
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, brown sausage in oil over medium-high heat. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm. In the drippings, saute peppers and onion until crisp-tender.
- In a bowl, combine the water and contents of one soup mix envelope (save the second envelope for another use). Add soup mixture, hot pepper sauce and sausage to the vegetable. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until thickened. Serve over rice. Yield: 2-3 servings.
Reviews forSavory Sausage and Peppers
"Delicioius! I too could not find herb and garlic soup mix. It came out just as good pulling a few things from the spice cabinet and adding a little beef bouillon. I set some of the peppers and sausage aside without the seasoning for my picky 5 yr. old and it was just as good without the seasoning. The olive oil and sausage really enhanced the flavors of the peppers. Thank you for a great recipe to help use up a surplus of german sausage we had in the freezer and the bountiful garden we had this summer."
"This was very good and full of flavor. Will definitely make again"
"My husband loves this recipe. They only thing I change is I use brown rice instead of white rice."
"I found it in a box similar to Lipton's onion soup box. I think the brand I found was Knorr."