- 2 tubes (11 ounces each) crusty French bread dough
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 1/4 pound sliced process American or Swiss cheese, halved
- 1/4 to 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef or turkey
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- Place both loaves of dough seam side down on a greased 14-in. pizza pan, forming one large ring; pinch ends to seal. With a sharp knife, make eight 1/2-in.-deep slashes across the top of dough; lightly brush with oil.
- Spread garlic over oil; sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To assemble, cut bread in half horizontally. Brush salad dressing over cut sides. Layer the bottom half with ham, cheese, beef, lettuce, onion, green pepper and tomato; replace top. Serve immediately. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forSavory Sandwich Ring
"What a fun sandwich to make for parties The only negative thing I have to say is that the refrigerated dough is expensive, so I am going to start looking for sales/coupons to help offset the cost. This is such a fun recipe to play with different meats and cheeses."
"Our Sunday School class was asked to provide sandwiches for the Vacation Bible School workers and I prepared this sandwich. It was so easy to prepare. I debated whether to leave the onion off but went ahead and left it on and figured if someone didn't like it they could take it off. I got nothing but compliments on this sandwich ring and even a few recipe requests. I wouldn't hesitate to fix this again. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home."
"My MIL and I make this every year for Christmas Eve. It's delicious!"