Savory Rye Snacks
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped ripe olives
- 1/2 cup chopped pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1 loaf (1 pound) snack rye bread
- 1. In a bowl, combine the onions, cheeses, mayonnaise, mushrooms and olives. Spread on bread slices and place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until bubbly.
3 each: 242 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 496mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Feb 3, 2014
I just made this recipe for the first time 2/3/14. I have adjusted the recipe somewhat and I baked the spread in a casserole dish, rather than using the cocktail rye bread slices. I used: 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped, 3/4 cup Hellman's Light Mayonnaise, 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, and 1 cup asparagus spears, well-drained and finely diced and the 4-oz. can mushroom stems and pieces, well drained. I don't care for olives, so I omitted them altogether! I think the recipe came out very nicely-I baked 20 minutes at 350o F. on a baking sheet in the casserole dish, well-greased, & until bubbly. The recipe made about 2-1/2 cups.Thank you, Connie Simon, for sharing this recipe with Taste of Home! delowenstein
Dec 30, 2012
I have been making this recipe for years. It is always a hit!!
Feb 22, 2010
I did it today for my breakfast and was great, easy and fast to prepare!!
Jan 18, 2008
I have been using this recipe for years and everyone absolutely loves it!! I recently went to make it and found that I had misplaced the recipe. Thanks to tast of home online I was able to retrieve it to make for a party this weekend. Thanks!